Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Should I give myself a grade like Barack?

My New Year's resolution as of 2 days ago is to not think negative thoughts. This might seem extreme and bold as a resolution. So, let me clarify. I don't want to make everything positive. I just want maybe the absence of my own dislike/judgement that causes an internal Greco Roman Wrestling. Like when my alarm goes off in the morning and I say " I just want to stay here where it is warm" or "I don't want to get up" followed shortly thereafter by "I can do everything later, what is 5 more minutes". Then my subconscious knows if I get up, I will have lost to whatever task or person made me get up. I don't get to lose. I don't like internal greco roman wrestling.
But to say the least I haven't been very successful at this. I would give myself a C or maybe a D. Which is not very "not negative". Ok so no grades
Just no more negative

No comments: