Monday, May 23, 2011

A short story about going on a diet

Gma b's windowsill

I am getting rounder.
I keep thinking it's because of the kids.
Except that I don't have any.

Or maybe it's the 2 pain au raisin I have every morning for breakfast? Just kidding.
mostly.

Is it because I don't drink 4 coffees a day, chain smoke, and have wine with every meal?
Could be. It seems to work for those other skinny french not-so-nice girls.

Could be that old story about "watching what you eat", "metabolism after 30" blah, blah, blah

Yes, ok. maybe
Is that really true?

So...diet? Yes, I decided that I would go on a diet for a month. Just to check things out.
so no dairy, no wine, no coffee. Watch the sugar.

And then we get to Gma b's house. And there was this chicken in a cheese cream sauce. And chocolate mousse. And there were kirs.
There was no salad.
No steamed vegetables. No fruit.
Just creamy chicken and chocolate delight.

And then suddenly, I wasn't on a diet anymore.

As long as we're being honest here, no fair fight involves someone's grandma.

No comments: