Thursday, February 27, 2014

What's in a name

I have 2 people very close to me that want to be called something other than their given name.  What a weird thing.  I knew a girl in middle school that did that for a year or so, but suddenly she was her old name again.

These 2 wanted to have a break and start something new.  Be something different than they had been.
But here's the thing, I have years of memories with them. Years of laughing and eating (because most of my life revolves around food), and fun with that name.  I don't want them to be something new.  I want the person they are.  I want to keep saying that name and having all those good memories come back every time I say it.

So for the moment I am holding my own personal French strike and not actually calling them anything. 

No comments: