No we did not get a dog.
WE got a mini-bus!AND a book store.
Should we talk about why this is exciting?
1. The mini-bus is adorable.
2. And then there is the book store.
The bookstore is good for multiple reasons, but mainly
a. Proof that people can read things that don't come through their electronic device, AND
b. the fact that it is across from the local college (middle school) and is still standing (with no grafitti, key marks, etc.) after 6 months is clear proof of civilization/a miracle.
See our neighborhood is made up of Arab immigrants, Africans, French Starter Families (1-2 kids), and Single, White Young Professionals. Who sometimes seem uncivilized by their:
- Total inability to walk 5 steps and throw their wrappers/food/packaging of any kind in the trash
- Local hooligans inability to not tag or key things in the middle of the night. And of course the classic,
- I am French and therefore cannot pick up after my dog AND must take particular delight in the fact it is going to ruin some tall/unobservant person's 300 euro shoes.
with books and big clean glass windows
AND an electric mini-bus!
so we MUST be moving along the evolutional chain.