Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A Franco-Roman Wedding

We have been to about 15 weddings in the last 3 years, this last one was in Rome.
Yes, please torture me, make me go to Italy for a wedding.

I had to re-learn about weddings.  Where I grew up a wedding meant going to a reception at the local church house for fruit punch and cake.  And being home by 10p.m.
Now I go to weddings that begin at 2pm with a 1 hour mass,  4-9pm.heavy hors d'oeuvres & cocktails, 9h30 to midnight dinner, and then dancing until 4a.m. Bring back-up shoes.  And DO NOT wear a fitted dress.

So for Italy our friends rented a villa.  Yes an entire 4 story house.  We were puni (punished) and got stuck in the dark and damp maids room on the basement level.
the marble staircase

Our new dog.  Who leaves their dog with their rental guests?!
 
our rooftop terrace
Luckily I saw this bathroom at the end.  Or I would have put up more of a fight!



And the wedding...



Fried Zucchini Blossoms at the cocktail
Italy being its beautiful self. 

No comments: