Friday, August 9, 2013

Metro, Train, Bus, Boat and a lot of magazine

So we've gone on vacation.  REAL vacation.  Like when you are 10 years old and your only worry is what fun thing you are going to do next. We are on the island of god.  Ok, not really, we are on the Island of Yeu at B's parents summer home.
Where they make every meal and we just ride bikes and go to the beach.
I feel a bit spoiled.  And a bit guilty.
My parents never did this.  They raised us to be independant. But this is a BIG difference in the parenting over here. 

And now I have learned to be a guest.  To sit at the table and wait to be served.  To do no dishes and eat for 4 hours at a time.  And now I do it for others at my own home. So I shut my guilt up with food. 
And the fact that B's mom can't wait to take care of him and iron his shirts and buy his favorite yogurt helps too.   

So we are on the laziest vacation of the year. We had to take a meto, train, a bus, boat and a really old car to get to our destination.  But it's totally worth it. 


boat clothes


 
Juice anyone?

No comments: