Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Family Christmas.

I love the sound of cars driving through snow on the streets.
I love the noises all muffled in the white.
And weirdly, the smell of exhaust accompanied by freezing cold.
I love warm winter drinks and a lit christmas tree in the dark. 

I love spending 4 days with my cousins that I see every 4 years.  And that my grandma, who is 90, is still taking care of business. 
I don't mind that my nieces are getting taller than me. 
And that the wind chill makes it feel like -25°F

I like sledding
and that I got to go in an actual ice fishing hut and watch my cousin cut through 18 inches of ice to get to those fish.  
And playing dominoes, and Trou du Cul


And I really like sledding at 12:01 on New Years with my sister and her husband and my 10-year-old niece.

No comments: