Tuesday, September 28, 2010

CV


A french résumé is called a Curriculum Vitae, or CV for short. In my "oh so exciting" search for a job in France I have been encountering some nice and peculiar behavior.

Most recently I popped a vein in my forehead after being told that the reason this woman I sent my CV to was re-requesting my cover letter, this time hand written and scanned, so that she could do handwriting analysis to determine if I was a good fit for the position.

Handwriting analysis?! You have got to be kidding me. I studied it in my high school psychology class and even then it was considered "para psychology" otherwise known as a practice rejected by real science for it's inconsistent results.

I might have also popped that vein because my handwriting looks like the kid's in the Santa letter above.
And having done handwriting analysis. I know my profile doesn't come out "bright, shiny and full of personality."



No comments: