Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Paris-Dijon

The first leg of our trip was to Dijon where got some good old fashioned family time.

I have to say that I am not sure if my family seducing skills are as strong in France as they are in the US. I can usually charm the pants off of anyone's parents within the first 10 minutes of meeting them. It's my combination of "utterly polite" and "super sweet". Add in the fact that I am pint sized and you have a professional.



Though my good manners have gotten me into trouble more than once when meeting french families.

"Yes of course I'll have some red wine. The champagne and white wine we already had from your private collection were lovely".





Do you see what I mean? I am not a heavy drinker and I am not very big. Coupled with politeness, this is a recipe for me falling asleep at the table.



So 1 three hour lunch and 1 hour walk in 95 degree heat later, we are on our way to yet another family home where we will have another copious meal and stay for the night. Hooray for multiple multi course meals!

No really. Hooray for the fact that we are only staying with peoples families for the the first night.


No comments: