Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Need for speed...


My boyfriend is continually surprised at the speed at which I can get ready in the morning. I admit, I have extra special speed when it comes to getting myself dressed and out the door. It comes from all of those years of waking up to my carpool honking in the driveway.

This is the way I prefer it. Waiting is my achilles heel. The longer I wait, the more I find for myself to do. In high school this consisted of curling my hair, painting my nails, or making breakfast - which inevitably ended in heartbreak because I was always in the middle of it when carpool came around. (So just in case you were wondering - between half painted nails and waking up with 30 seconds to get dressed and walk out the door, I looked hot in high school.)

So why is it that I always end up with men who take longer to get dressed than I do.
They do smell prettier at the end but, really? You need 30 minutes?

If I am going to take 30 minutes to get dressed there better be some good dessert involved.

No comments: