Thursday, January 20, 2011

How the French are like French Bulldogs

So I am planning a surprise baby shower for my friend R and I was thinking of asking her French husband for a list of things they still need for the baby and then I remembered how he probably has no idea what they need and how him subtly asking her what they need would be similar to a French bulldog sneaking up on someone.

Don't get me wrong, in matters of love a Frenchman can oh-so-subtly kiss your hand while simultaneously talking to you about the weather and sliding his other hand right down your pants.

but when it comes to something less sexy or something they don't want to do, it's right up there with the bulldogs. Loud, pudgy, adorably ugly French bulldogs.

If you don't know anything about this adorably ugly type of dog let me enlighten you with the help of yourpurebredpuppy.com.

Snorting, snuffling, wheezing, snoring, and some slobbering go with the territory of short-faced breeds.


So you can see, I am on my own for finding out what R is going to need.

Just for fun, check out this adorable video of a French bulldog puppy. You'll be full of the humorous guilt of laughing at your best friend after they slipped and fell on their ass.

No comments: