Monday, October 18, 2010

Exotic Fall


One of my favorite parts of fall is the food.
Well, one of my favorite parts of all seasons is the food
But here, I get to taste all sort of exotic foods that are completely different from US exotic foods
The exotic foods in France come from North Africa or the Middle East

So I get this








Cactus Fruit







and this





Persimmon, maybe?









So the orange thing went into my breakfast bowl. It is very sweet with a slight nuttiness and has a tomatoe consistency without all the liquid around the seeds.
The cactus fruit has to be handled with particular care (mini hair-fine pricklies). It has a lot of seeds and is really juicy. It generally ends up as a snack.

Here is my fancy demonstration technique/photo show of how to eat it.




Also comes in green.


No comments: