Monday, October 4, 2010

Genius in the Kitchen



I think I am a genius in the kitchen.


I find this amusing because always after saying this (after tasting some amazing I made), I realize that I have only succeeded in making someone else's food. (Well, somone else's recipe)

But I am still a total genius.

Result: Great soup. I added a touch of Cayenne Pepper. EVEN BETTER SOUP
Genius for getting a craving and making a divine soup

Example: Toasted bread with freshly made garlic butter
Result: my sister's recipe, which I am sure she stole from someone else. And I make it at least twice a month so it is mine by right of most frequent user.
Genius of making full flavor meals

Example: Salad - red leaf lettuce, sliced celery, thin slices of onion, chopped green bell pepper, sunflower seeds, sliced sundried tomatoes, regular old mustard-oil-vinegar french sauce.
Result: Colorful, flavorful, healthy lunch
Genius of making use of what is left in the fridge

Today's lunch: Egg and Bacon Salad.

How could this be anything but Sheer Genius?
(Well, and then after this I added sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, flaxseeds and frenchy vinagrette)

No comments: