Monday, November 15, 2010

Photo Exhibitions


Being in Paris means I get to go to see Art all of the time. Even when I don’t want to and it surprises me in all its’ steamy, wing-flapping uselessness in a train station. But I am a big fan of the fact that I can go see photography shows all the time.

I saw Richard Avedon (1923-2004)

My favorite

Dovima with Elephants 1955


Willy Ronis 1910-2009

Le petit parisien 1952

My favorite

Petits Napolitains 1938


I love the expressions on their faces, like 40 year old men. And the crying little sister clutching her dress and doll.

Raymond Depardon (1942- )

A modern documentary maker who took a 2 year break to photograph France.


I admire the project but not necessarily the work. His photos made France look empty.

Yesterday we went to Maison Européene de la Photography (European House of Photography). The Extreme exhibition had some interesting photos,

Rodrigo Braga, Communion I

but what I really liked was the med/art exhibit. A doctor started creating art with MRI images. The exhibition was very dark and it had the same feeling as photos of space. A little new agey, 3-d, hypercolor, but it was a nice contrast to the seriousness of the shock exhibition.

Rodolphe von Gombergh

AND I am a nerd when it comes to space photos.

No comments: