Thursday, November 11, 2010

roll of the dice success


So I was so tired last night that I didn't want to do anything, including cook. But it's amazing what a good couple's spat and some cauliflour cheddar soup can achieve.

And then this morning I used the butternut squash I had left over to make a GREAT pumpkin hazelnut clafoutis. That might sound like I know what I am doing in the kitchen (and it is true that I am a secret genius) but I don't. Full of contradictions, I know.

Clafoutis is an eggy sweet pie with no crust, and generally with fruit. It sounds odd, but a cherry clafoutis is actually really good. I made individual ones in muffin tins because they cook faster.

Boyfriend's parents came over to help us with some handyman work. And anytime you have a visit, it is required that you put some sweet little somethings out for your guests. So, really convenient that I like to meddle in the kitchen. And kind of amazing that French people aren't fat.

No comments: